Okay, you Idaho/Utahans may be used to this kind of snow, but us Satellites ARE NOT! This is probably the most snow I can remember ever having here - Ever. We have had snow for a week now, with another 4 inches last night. We are up to 10 inches now, with more possibly coming on Christmas Eve.
This was after brushing off the car after the second big storm. All snow on the car now is just from last night.
The kids and I spent all morning cleaning off the walkway and driveway to keep things safe. I have to work tomorrow (if clients come) and I don't want the liability of people falling. Plus, Aaron drove to work today, so we needed the driveway clear so he could get back into the garage tonight. It's pretty steep, so it's very easy to peel out on, even with the 4 wheel drive.
Of course, we don't have proper snow gear, since we never get snow like this. No snow shovel!! It took us a few hours to get all this work done with one regular shovel, one flat ended shovel and a great wire broom. All is well now - until it snows again. But, non of us will be working then, so it won't be quite as crucial to get it cleared up.
2 comments:
Last night I said to Weldon, "Do you think they even have a snow shovel?" Weldon said, "Oh I'm sure they have at least a snow shovel." Apparently I was right. I would never want to shovel that much snow with what you guys used. I feel bad for you. I think you have the same amount of snow we do. My dad always says, "The seasons are changing." Maybe he's right huh? That's quite the adventure for you guys!
I don't know if I told you this, but when I was in high school, we got up one morning and there was a TON of snow on the ground. I went outside, and my station wagon was completely buried! My dad was out there for hours with the tractor. Then later that day, driving down the road was like driving through a tunnel. It was crazy! I would imagine you guys feel like we felt that day. Good luck, and good weather to ya!
WOW! I am sorry that sucks. I don't even like to shovel with the right kind of stuff. It does sound like you guys have about as much as we do! To bad that we can't have like a vision phone so we could still hang out on Christmas. Oh well, what can you do? We will see you in the summer and at least we have blogs, phones, and email to keep us up to date!
Post a Comment