The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunlakes

We got to spend a short weekend in Sunlakes with the Jensen (and extended) family this weekend. We love to hang out with the Jensen's and had a blast. It was really fun to get to know some of Alison's family better too. Her mom Pam, dad Kieth, and brother Martin were all there too.

They were very generous in entertaining us on their boat for a while. We had a lot of fun tubing around the lake. I can say Alison is a little more reckless behind the wheel than Paul and threw Jess a few times from the tube :o). Then I think it was a game to see if she could throw me too, but I prevailed. My arms were a tad sore the next day though. I guess an extra little workout.


There are also some fun cliffs there to jump off that you can only get to if you have a boat. The short one is about 25 feet. It took Jess and I about 5-10 minutes to work up the courage but we did it!! Man it was scary!! There is no way I would even attempt the big cliffs, they are about 15 feet taller!!! Aaron did them once as a teen, but didn't do them this trip. I guess everyone had to wait too long for Jess and I.

(Linda, Jeff and Aaron on the little cliffs getting ready to jump)

We did spend a lot of time on some little cliffs though. They were only about 8 feet, and that was way more fun, in my opinion anyway. So, while some people were out tubing, the rest of us were playing over here. Just jumping and swimming and enjoying the sunshine.










After a hard day of playing in the water we went back to camp and made foil dinners. I have never really done foil dinners (maybe once way back in girls camp) and it was pretty good. I think we had enough food to feed our neighbors too though. Oh well, I guess too much is better than not enough.

We just spent the rest of the evening hanging out and chilling. Some people went back for a late night swim, but we were all tired of being wet, and it just sounded cold to me. So our family sat by the lake and played speed Uno for a while, till the bugs got too bad, then we went back to camp and played Hoopla with Linda.

Poor Linda. This is were things went kind of south. We were on our LAST card of the game, and it was Linda's. She stood up to act out her card, backed up, and fell into the firepit. Fortunately there was a fire ban, so there was no roaring fire, but there were still coals in there from dinner a couple of hours ago. It was enough. She burned her fingers really bad and had to go to the emergency room. They doped her up on Morphine and Codeine so she could sleep through the night. She was still doped up in the morning, so was doing OK, but she will have to see her doctor first thing on Monday. We felt SOOOOO bad, because she didn't want to do the acting in the first place, and had been trying to avoid it the whole evening. She finally got it on the very last card of the game. We hope she will be ok, and will still want to hang out with us! :o)

It was a super rough night with Linda, extremely rude neighbors being loud until way late, a super hard ground (and Aaron wouldn't let me bring the air mattresses), and coyotes in the night, but we survived. Jess woke up with her jaw locked shut, so between all of that we decided it was time to pack it in, and not try to do another day. Linda wouldn't be able to participate anyway, and Jess felt like crap, so home we came. We did have a ton of fun on Saturday though!!!

(I guess that's why they have been scooting around on the carpet on their butts!)

We saw this sign as we were heading out of town, and it had us laughing so hard we couldn't help oursleves!!! We just had to do the funny sign picture.


Thanks Jensen's for inviting us. We really did have a super great time and were glad for being able to go. We really hope Linda heals up quickly!!!!! Sorry Linda!!!!

2 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

I am sure that she doesn't think it is your fault. Crap happens, of course I would feel the same way so I shouldn't talk. I am glad that you guys had fun. I have to say I was wondering about the but scooting! I am glad you had fun and an air mattress does make all the difference!

alison said...

Hey guys! i just had a minute to check out your blog. We had such a good time with you guys! I have more pictures to share with you from our trip!