Today was Scott's last day off. Unfortunately we spent the morning trying to get our car fixed. Of course the Hamblins didn't want it fixed, because that would mean we would have to stay at their house longer, but I certainly didn't want THAT hanging over my head the whole rest of the vacation!! Besides, I don't think Scott minded the extra gaming time with Jeff!
Here was the whole ordeal, summed up. We called the dealer, who told us to call a locksmith. The locksmith told us before he could do any work he needed a key code from the dealer. The dealer said they could not give out the key code without the title to the care for proof of ownership. Ugh - that's at home in the fire safe box. Ok, call the dealer we bought it from in Renton, they should have us on file. Talk about unhelpful!!! They gave us such a runaround it was pathetic. In the mean time, while Aaron sat on hold with the dealer at home, I re-called the dealer in Logan. I explained that we were on vacation, the title was at home, but we had the registration. Was that good enough? Sure, if you have your insurance card and drivers license. check!! Aaron hung up on the dealer at home, and off we went to the dealer in Logan. Guess what - no key code!! Are you frickin kidding me?! The original dealer didn't register it.
The locksmith also told us that if they needed to replace the ignition switch, they did not have the part, and we needed to call around and find one. We called everywhere and no one had it. The only way to get our hands on one was to order one through the dealer. How long was that going to take. We were begining to think we were going to be stuck in Logan forever. I think the only ones stressed over that were Aaron and I.
VERY long story short, the locksmith tore apart the steering column and took out the ignition switch and took our key. He figured out the key code himself, was able to fixe the switch instead of having to replace it, made us two new keys and put it all back together for us. And the rub, it all cost about the same as it would have to just buy two of the keys here at home. I guess a blessing in disguise since we needed new keys anyway. Man, those electronic keys are expensive!!!
While the locksmith was hard at work trying to fix our car, we all went to the aquatics center to try and cool off and relax. It was nice just hanging out in the water!! It's a fun little water park that is right there in Logan. I think Amy and the kids spend a lot of time there in the summers.
Later that evening we rented Vantage Point. We had heard a lot of bad things about this movie, so we weren't sure what to expect. We all really liked it a lot. I'm not sure what other people were seeing, but we all had fun trying to figure things out and guess the "who done it". I guess it's just how you like watching movies, but we like to sit around and try to figure out the ending. It was fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment