The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 9


The drive home is never fun! It's not as bad going, because you know you have your whole vacation to look forward to, and the excitement of seeing each other, but the ride back sucks! Vacation over, you're sad to leave family, and it's just so long!

Amy and Scott did their best to talk us into staying longer, but it was a no go. Aaron really wanted a day at home before having to go back to work. It was probably a good thing we didn't stay anyway. I pretty much spent the whole day with a sore throat feeling like crap in the back of the car with my book.

We did have one interesting adventure on the way home though that got all of our pulses racing. Just as we were heading out of Yakima Aaron started freaking out about a motorcyclist in front of us. He was acting very strange. So, we all started paying attention to him. We think he was drunk or hight or something. He was weaving back and forth in the lanes, sanding up on the foot rests with no hands, leaning over and touching the ground, putting his feet on the ground all while going between 80 and 100 miles per hour at any given time. I was so freaked out that I told Aaron not to even get close to him. The last thing I wanted was for my kids to see the idiot spill right in front of us and have their dad run over him with the car! It got bad enough that I called 911 and reported him as a drunk driver. I don't know what ever came of that, if anything, but I at least felt like I did my part. He kept going, we pulled over for gas, so that was the end of him. We didn't see a carcass on the side of the road, so I guess he made it wherever he was going.

The biggest bummer was driving into the pass. We spent all week with sunny, 90+ degree weather and were really liking it! Get to the pass to clouds and rain. Welcome home to Seattle! Can't wait for our next rendezvous with the Hamblins!!!!!

No comments: