The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Netflix vs. Cable


We decided to ditch the cable. It seemed like a ton of money to spend for something we just didn't watch that much. We are way more movie people vs. TV people. So, out with the cable and we went back with Netflix. We like that way better! So we will have a lot more movie reviews on here again. That's the way we like it.

Jeff likes to have our movie reviews to be part of our family journal, so I will be putting our reviews in the main body of my blog, instead of the sidebar. Here's what we watched this week......

Pans Labyrinth - Rating: 7

Everyone liked this one way more than I did. I can say it was orriginal, and I didn't mind it, but I think I would have rated it more a 5 or 6. It was pretty creepy, but I guess you have to give it kudos for being brave. It is pretty much a fairy tale written for adults. It is rated R, and has quite a bit of graphic violence in it. Actually, a lot of the stuff is very realistic! Many of the characters are just down right weird and freaky too!! But, I guess that's part of the appeal, because it's very different. The whole thing is in Spanish, and is subtitled. I have seen a lot of Asian films subtitled, but this is the first Spanish film. I did recognize a few words here and there though! I really need to get back on those lessons! If you want to watch a very odd, but fun movie, this would be a good one time watch. It's definately not a fairy tale for children though, watch it after they go to bed!



To Kill a Mockingbird - Rating: 6

You know I had to see this one after reading the book. It was pretty good, but the book is WAY better. Of course it's old, so it moves slowly. If you are going to do one or the other, definitely read the book! We did have a lot of fun seeing Robert Duvall in the roll of Boo Radley. We have never seen him so young, and if we didn't know it was him, we probably wouldn't have recognized him!

No comments: