The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Raving Rantings


We have a little friend who has taken up residence in the water tower property behind our house. Now, when we first started hearing the soft "Hoo-Hoo-Hoo" we thought it was kind of cool. When we laid there at night, getting ready to go to sleep, it gave us the feeling like we were out in the country and we liked it.... however, at 3:00 in the morning it's not so amazing. It's crazy how something so quiet can actually wake you up, and keep you up. It's a good thing we have a fan set up in our room for such such occasions - drown out background noise away. I can say though, I would rather listen to that little owl Hoot than the stupid dog next door bark!

Aaron actually had to call the neighbors the other night because their dog woke us up. 11:00 p.m. it starts barking and continues to bark for 20 minutes. REALLY? Is there a reason why you think that's okay?! I don't hate people. I'm a total people person, I kinda have to be with the job I have. It bothers me greatly when I have hateful feelings toward another person, but I have to say I am having some pretty unkind feelings towards these neighbors of ours.

Why do people think it's okay to let their dog bark for hours on end, to bark at 11:00 at night or 5:00 in the morning? Do you not hear it, or do you just not care that you are bothering every person in the neighborhood? How can one person be so inconsiderate and just not care like that? I don't get it.

Of course, all of this is accentuated by the fact that I have had raging cramps for the last two days. Every time I would finally, really get to sleep last night, something would wake me up... mostly the little hooter outside our window. Once I was up, I would be up for a long time because I hurt to bad to be able to go back to sleep. Oh man, how I wish that just had a switch that you could just turn off when you weren't using it!! I was done having kids over 19 years ago, what the heck do I need that for now other than to make 1/4 of my life miserable?

Well, the good thing is that in a couple of days at least on of the three problems will be taken care of.... for a while anyway. Maybe I'll have Alex take care of the other two: he is a bird hunter after all.

No comments: