It was a sunny weekend, and fairly decent weather so we just wanted to be OUT! On a whim we decided to take a mini road trip and head off to the coast. Jessica already had some plans with her friends, so she didn't come, and we missed having her with us, but had a ton of fun non the less!! I am SO glad we just decided to take off, it was great! An awesome day.
Once we got to Ocean Shores, we stopped off at Subway for some lunch and then headed for the beach. We ate our lunch in the car while watching the waves.
After eating we just strolled a mile or two down the coast and then back. It was a little windy, but always is at the ocean. The weather was amazing though, especially considering it's freaking JANUARY. It was over 60 degrees out. Can you believe it?!!
The waves were quite awesome. We have never been here before in the winter time. It was probably the biggest Pacific Northwest waves we have ever seen. And because the wind was blowing toward the water there was a lot of mist blowing off the top of the waves. It was pretty cool.
2 comments:
Just show how different two kids by the same parents can be. Jeff would have canceled his plans, but hey differences is what makes the world go round. It is good that she was missed though. I am so glad to hear that you guys did something fun. I thought you had fallen off the bloging planet. I wish that we lived next to the ocean. We do have Bear Lake and I know Kristina lives there but I always feel like I might die making that trip in the winter time. Anyway, gas station pop sounds really good right now! Maybe I'll go get some;O) Love Ya!
Good Times!!!
Post a Comment