The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I've Been Tagged (unofficially :o)


So, I was reading Amy's blog a while ago, after she had been tagged. At the end she said she wasn't going to tag anyone, since she doesn't like that sort of thing, but if she were to I would be one of the people she would have gotten. Well, for some reason I have been thinking about it, and have decided to take the challenge, even though it was not given formally. Maybe you'll learn something about me, it will be interesting to see :o)

5 joys

1.
Watching my children succeed
2.
Sunshine
3. My Fleece sheets
4. Pizza and Movie night with my family
5. A really good book

5 fears

1. Heights!
2. Being perceived as dumb
3. Getting fat
4. Failure
5. Having my kids move too far away from me so that I never get to see them

5 Obsessions

1. Aaron - since I was 14 years old, and probably forever!
2. Health and Fitness
3. Raising my kids to be great, responsible, happy adults
4.
Blogging - Thanks Amy ;o)
5. Lately my business

5 Surprising things about me

1. Even though I am afraid of heights, and even more afraid of jumping off them (I think I really just have an irrational fear of falling) I want to try skydiving some day. I used to watch my dad do it growing up, and is just something I would like to force myself to do some day.

2. I LOVE to smell of horses! My dad was obsessed with horses, and we had some when I was young. I was riding solo by the time I was three years old, and have some fond memories of going out riding with him. Whenever I smell a horse, especially if it's saddled, it brings back a flood of memories. I would love to have enough land some day to be able to have a horse again.

3. I have a scar on the top of my head from when I cut my scull open at age three. Many times I catch myself absent minded rubbing it. Psycho!

4. I have always wanted a house with a front porch and porch swing. The thought of just sitting on the front porch being lazy on my swing appeals to me. Maybe some day.

5. I have thought many times that I would love to be a foster mom. There are so many kids out there being mistreated every day. I would love to just gather them all up and give them the love they deserve!! It breaks my heart, and if I could just change the life of one or two kids it would be worth it.

There you go. Did you learn anything new about me, or is all of this common knowledge? It was actually fun thinking about this the last couple of days. Hopefully you had fun reading it. And, like Amy, I am not tagging anyone either. I usually HATE this sort of thing. Who knows why I did it this time.

2 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

I have to say that I didn't know that you thought about being a foster parent. I have often thought about that too but it wont happen until my kids are grown, I worry to much about their safety. You know even if this stuff is common knowledge to some I found it theraputic to write it down. So I am glad that you willingly took the challange.

The Cheney Family said...

I had no idea you used to ride horses. And I think people who do foster care are very special people. I think it would tear my heart out. My sister Cindy is a foster parent. Her adopted son Jonny started out that way and they are currently waiting for their second foster child.