The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Homecoming


Yes, Jess did go to the dance! She went with long time friend, Ian Buckles. What a great kid. I have to say that she was just so absolutely gorgeous that night! Her hair was awesome, her dress was beautiful, just a touch of make up - she makes up real nice. I'll have her tell about her date.




Okay, so when Ian asked me out he said we were going out to dinner somewhere, then we would go to the dance, and then go out and do something else. So i knew nothing. It was way fun though. So after he picked me up and i tried hopelessly to put the boutonniere and finally my mom saved me and put it on for me, we were off. Guys have it so much easier, they just have to slid the corsage on the wrist and that's it.

Anyways after we left--his parents were driving because he hasn't reached his six months yet--they drove into Jack-in-the-box. I was just like, yay fast food. But they were just playing around and we really went to Claim Jumpers. Being me I got something I knew I would like, pizza. While we were waiting for our food we played football with the sugar packet. I won. Also i got my food before Ian and so the waiter said he would go slap the chef and get his food.

After we left the restaurant, we had about half and hour to kill before the dance started, and we didn't want to show up early. So i got a tour of where his family used to live. And that included all the baseball fields he used to play on. It was pretty funny actually because his whole family (minus his brother who was at a friends house) where laughing really hard because of old memories. Then when they told me about them, i would join in the laughter.

Now the dance. Ian and i actually never had the chance to really dance, because all they played were rap songs. So mostly we just stood around talking, trying to find people we knew. Ian made fun of me cause about every minute someone said hi to me and it actually made it really hard to talk cause they would usually stop and hang out for a few minutes so our conversations were always getting interrupted. But i guess that's what happens when one is popular. I wish, but not really cause i don't think i would make a very good popular person. I'm just popular among the unpopular.

At 11 we left the dance and went down to Kent Station. Our plan was to see Eagle Eye, but it started at 10:40 and we didn't want to walk in late, so instead we went to see High School Musical 3 so we could make fun of all cheesy lines and dance moves. When we walked in though it was really funny because we saw one of our old friends from elementary school so we hung out with him. Then after the movie was done--don't see it, it's really bad--we headed back home. When i finally got home and took my hair down and what not, it was 2 in the morning.

Over all it was way fun and I'm really glad i went. I think Ian had a good time too, but i don't want to speak for him.

1 comment:

Hamblin Family said...

Glad you had fun! Sounds like a late night to me...but I guess that is what happens when you get old! You do look gorgeous and he doesn't look bad either. Fun memories that is what it is really all about!