Jess's game today was really tough!! Her team is really weak this year as it is, and they only had 10 girls show up to play this week.They were down one girl on the field (11 is how many there should be) and that also left them with no subs. The other team had 4 subs, which also meant a full team out on the field. Most of the girls on the team aren't great, and probably half of them are just not in shape enough to handle playing 90 minutes of soccer. They held up pretty well the first half, but were just dropping in the second.
Once again, Jess was amazing. I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom either. Everyone on the team knows if it weren't for her, they would be getting totally annihilated every week. She had so many amazing saves it was incredible to watch!! She was feeling bad that she let her team loose by so much, but if you consider how many saves she had (once again) to how many got past her, the odds were definitely in her favor. Plus, like I told her, she is NOT the only person on the team.
I didn't get any pictures because I was not feeling well this morning and just forgot the camera. Oh well, there will be some next week :o)
Final score: 1 - 7
1 comment:
Hey Jessi don't let the sucky team get you down! Remember why you wanted to play in the first place, because it is fun! Besides, it never hurts the ego to be the best on the team. Winning really isn't everything even though it is nice once in a while. In 10 years it wont matter who won but the fun you had is what you will remember.
Post a Comment