The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What A Waste Of Time!

Let's see. It's 10:30 a.m. and here is what I have done today.... 

  • Got up and made Aaron's lunch and got him out of the house.
  • Ate breakfast and sipped a tea while massaging my plantar fasciitis on a golf ball
  • Updated my blog background - yea! It's finally not Easter on here any more
  • Updated all of my posts. I have taken to blogging like Amy - 10 posts at a time, because I just don't have time to post as things happen.
  • Uploaded a bunch of pictures onto FB
  • Wrote on friends walls and made comments on FB (I usually am never really on FB longer than a few minutes at a time, but was on there for a while this morning)
  • Got caught up on my FS blog... blogging takes SO much time! But I got three posts put up this morning to catch up for the week.
  • Sipped some more tea
  • Made a weekly menu and grocery shopping list
  • Thought about exercising (do you burn calories if you think about it? I guess not or we would all be super skinny - lol ;o)
  • and now here I sit writing this post

This is how I have spent the last.... 3 HOURS.... of my day. It's amazing how fast time goes! No wonder I have a hard time getting to everything, because before you know it you have wasted three hours! However, I can say without any hesitation, that it felt good to just sit and relax this morning! I haven't had a morning like this in a really long time. I am usually up and running the second I wake up (sometimes quite literally), and don't slow my brain down until my head hits the pillow at night.

My schooling has been much harder than I was anticipating. Sometimes I really feel like I am not smart enough to remember all of the terms, body parts and physiologies that are thrown at me at a neck breaking pace. I feel over my head, inadequate and wonder if I'm going to make it and do well. Aaron has complete faith in me, and I continue to plug along at the "recommended time line", but yikes! Am I just not as smart as the "average" person taking these courses? I'm sure many of them are working, or stay at home moms, or busy people just like me: that is why a home course like this is so popular.

I'm sure as I go along with the studies things will continue to click, that is why I keep forging forward as instructed. I am having faith that the people who designed the program knew what they were doing and wanted their students to succeed, so I am trying very hard not to panic. Why is it so easy for insecurities to settle in?

As much as I have enjoyed this morning, and sitting here in front of my computer with  my tea, I suppose I better get off my but and going with my day. But, at least I am caught up with things now.

No comments: