Damon had never been to Canon Beach before, so we had to take him there and show him the famous "Goonies" Rock. The tide was out while we were there too, making it a perfect time to look in the tide pools.
This sea lion was up on the rocks by Haystack rock. We talked to the biologists, who always "man" this area, and they said he had been there for about a week. They were monitoring him, but not intervening. You can just see his nose and flipper sticking up in the middle of the picture.
Aaron, Jess and I spent a big chunk of the day flying kites. We didn't get fancy trick kites, just cheap Toys"R"Us Kites, so we had to find ways to make them fun. Jess was actually pretty good at getting hers to do flips just by playing with the slack in the string. Her and I also were having a contest to see who could get their kite to touch ground and then back into the air the fastest. It was actually really fun! (I won most of the time :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment