Getting Jess through College has been a very challenging experience. It has been a difficult thing for her, therefore a continual job for me in keeping her happy, sane and moving forward. Running start was great for her on the side of saving money and time, but not so great in the social department. She had a hard time fitting in anywhere: all the kids her age were immature and she wasn't in classes with them, and all the kids she was in class with went to bars on the weekend and she wasn't old enough to hang with them.
There were a few times where Jess felt like quitting and just coming home to study. We even went as far as to look into online options to finish her degree - but she persevered and made it!
Her graduation was the worst I have EVER been to - very unprepared, unorganized, boring and THE WORST speaker ever invented, but I am just as proud of her as ever and glad I could be there to help celebrate her accomplishment.
So proud of you Jess!

No comments:
Post a Comment