I think we had a pretty successful Father's Day here in the Cheney home. Of course, Aaron would be the one to ask for sure, but he seemed to have a great time. It really is a rare commodity these days to have a moment with just the four of us and it was so nice: just like ol' times.
Since breakfast is Aaron's favorite meal of the day, you can't have Father's Day without going out to breakfast. We decided to take a gamble on a new place, since we don't really have anywhere we are totally in love with. I Yelped some local places and found one called "Mom's Kitchen". The second we walked in we loved it: it smelt just like grandma and grandpa's house. It was great.
After breakfast, since we were half way to the Supermall anyway, we decided to head over for a game of Glow Golf. You can't tell from the pics, because I had to use a flash, but the entire course is painted with glow in the dark paint. It really puts a fun spin on the traditional mini-golf. And, of course, Aaron won - by a lot. It was Father's day ;o)... but really, he won fair and square.
(poor design! Some places our ball got stuck -
It really sucks to have your balls stuck - lol ;o)
Home again for Carcassonne and Aaron's present. Jess picked it out, and it was perfect. A great musical piece that is now hanging on our fireplace downstairs - well not ON the fireplace, just above it.
I do really love the changes our family is going through, but every now and again I miss the old ways..... kind of like missing having a baby. Every now and again you just want to sit and hold a baby - you don't want a baby, you just miss it some times. That's how I feel. It was a great day with just the four of us.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY AARON!!! You are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment