This is what my cookbook shelf looks like. What a mess. I have more books than will even fit on on this stupid thing. It's hard to tell from this picture, but on the left is a notebook. In that notebook is a HUGE stack of papers with recipes I have found online that I printed out to try as well. I could probably do one recipe a day and it would take me YEARS to get through all of them.
Here's the thing though. With all of those recipes you think I would have a nice variety of foods on our menu every week...... nope. We eat pretty much the same thing all of the time. I am in a cooking rut. I hardly ever crack these babies open. Please tell me I am not the only one like this!
So, here is what I plan to do with my rut and my cookbooks. Every week I will try no less than three new recipes. Okay, let me be realistic, two new recipes. I think Aaron might hang me high if I got too carried away with this. Some weeks I might try more than two, but I have to try at least two new recipes a week. I am going to get organized. I will throw out the crap keep the gems. By the end of this I am hoping to have a nice, organized, notebook with all of our favorites in it.
I will share my experience with each recipe that I try and how it turned out. If they are winners I will share the recipe, if not, there is no reason.
This should be an interesting year full of amazing discoveries and interesting disasters. Hopefully we will all benefit with some super yummy recipes by the end of this. If nothing else, I will be more organized.
Wish me luck!
2 comments:
Good Luck!! I just recently went through ALL the recipes I had in my recipe box and through out the bad ones kept the new ones and typed them ALL out!!! I am printing them as I use the recipes and putting them in sheet protectors in a three ring binder! Hopefully this will keep me more organized and then I can flip through when I start to get in a rut and can do some I haven't done in a while! I wish you luck and look forward to adding some of your recipes to our Recipe Binder!!
I've done the binder too. Weldon would love it if I were in a recipe rut. We have hardly had the same thing twice since we have been married because I am a recipe maniac! He gets really mad about it sometimes so I have really tried to tone it down. But, now I can basically look at a recipe and know if he will like it or not. Good Luck.
Post a Comment