The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas!

We kept Christmas very simple this year and enjoyed it immensely. It was a nice quiet morning with just our family. We even kept the gift giving to a minimum, but got a few super fun things to keep us busy on Christmas day. Our favorite Christmas toy? Nano Bugs! We had a blast racing and fighting them.


Jess got some great warm attire for college next year. I got her a down coat and Aaron got her some boots, gloves and slippers. Jeff got her a book - you can never go wrong with books for Jess ;o)



Aaron and I decided to not exchange gifts this year. Too many other things we want to do - home remolding, band gear.... so we just did stockings and that was enough. I did get some great running pants in my stocking though (pretty expensive stocking stuffer Aaron!). The kids got me a drum mount tambourine as well. Now "Mony Mony" is going to sound AWESOME!

Jeff was so cute playing with his Darth Vader Action Figure. He got some super fun Star Wars paraphernalia in his stocking including Light Sabre Chop Sticks (thanks to Ben for posting those on FB a while ago and giving me the idea ;o) and a light up Light Sabre Key Chain Chap Stick. He also got The LOTR trilogy and a collectible Princes of Mars book. Jess got him the Alterbridge CD.



Aaron has been looking for this album forever! Jess found it on Amazon so the kids went in together and got it for him. It is in total mint condition. Good job guys! He also got some great telescope accessories in his stocking. Can't wait till clear summer nights to see the heavens!

The rest of the day? Momma Smout came over and had breakfast with us and spent the day. Then around 2:00p.m. Alex came over and we all headed over to Teresa's house for dinner and games.

It was a great day. I was so thankful that Jeff didn't have to work and we could spend the day together. I love being with my family!! The only thing that would have made it a better day would have been to have the rest of our siblings with us. It's hard when everyone is so spread out and we cannot be together. Thank goodness for the summer!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Hamblin Family said...

I missed you guys a lot yesterday...as you know! I am glad that you could all be together though!