So, here it is.... two weeks of total stress and hastle we finally found a new car.
Two weeks ago Jess was driving our good and faithful Altima and was involved in a hit and run accident coming home from work. She was not hurt at all, but the car was damaged pretty good. Fortunately we have uninsured motorist coverage on our insurance, so we had coverage! We took it in for an estimate - $2,200 worth damage!! Holy cow, the car isn't even really worth that any more. So, we decided to take the insurance check and put it towards a new car.
Can I just say I HATE SHOPPING FOR CARS!!!!! I hate car salesmen, I hate trying to find something decent within your budget.... too much stress. It just really sucks that we are put into this position of finding a car and spending money we were not planing on because of some complete dick head out there!!! I finally found this little car this morning.
It's not super new, but for the price it's really good and clean. It is a bit newer and less mileage than the Altima, so it's a trade up for us. Hopefully we can milk it for a good 8-10 years. By then the kids will be good and gone and we can get a sweet little ride for ourselves. Only time will tell, but Nissan is a really good car.
Merry Christmas to us. I guess.
2 comments:
Is it just another Altima? I can't tell just by looking. It looks pretty and is nicer than either of our cars! So Jessi should be plenty satisfied! That is a nice Christmas gift! To bad it doesn't REALLY count!
It's a Sentra, so close, just a tad smaller - better gas mileage. Aaron will be driving it since he drives the most miles. Jess and I are going to share the Pathfinder until she can afford to buy her own car - hopefully this summer.
Post a Comment