The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Spray Falls

Spray Falls was our destination today. We couldn't do too long of a hike because Jeff got called into work tonight last minute, but we had enough time. It was a fairly easy hike with a ton of beautiful little waterfalls along the way.



Stopping at Eagle Ridge for a rest and snack. We didn't see any Eagles, and we couldn't even see the mountain because it was very cloudy where we were. Oh well, still beautiful.






Lots of different terrain to go over


Finally to our destination. this is where we ditched the backpacks to cross the river and get the best view of the falls.




You know, it is really hard to capture the true beauty and scope of a place in a picture. These falls were so amazing. A great place to have lunch and explore!


Another amazing hike for the record books.

5 comments:

The Cheney Family said...

nice hike. What I want to know is where did you learn the word opulent? I have never heard that word, but as you well know I don't read much.

weldon

Kathy said...

well, I do know what opulent means, and have used it before in the past before I'm sure,but I'm not sure to what you are referring this time. Where did I use it that you are asking about?

The Cheney Family said...

you used it when you left a comment about or trip to snow basin. I just had never heard it befor now I have another word for when I play scrable!

The Cheney Family said...

pretty hike!

Hamblin Family said...

Wow, don't you love nature!!! I told Scott on our way home from the Tetons, "those people who believe this all just spontaneously happened are crazy 'casue it is all to beautiful and just makes way to much sense!" I love your pic of the waterfall. I know that pics never do it justice. I think it is because you need the sound of the water to do it justice, but still very beautiful