The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

You Guys Are Really In Love, Aren't You?

I had a good idea for an unusual date with my honey and a great Halloween blog post for the FS blog. I thought - Halloween, ghosts, graves.... graveyard. Let's go to an old pioneer graveyard together, look at all the cool old gravestones and take some great pictures.

We have this cool cemetery at the bottom of our hill that is from the late 1800's and has been in the process of "restoration" for the last 5-6 years. For as long as I can remember before this it has been buried in bush and bramble. I'm not sure what spurred this organization to clean things up, but it is looking really nice now.

Here is the coolest part of this cemetery. We have heard rumor forever that there is a "baby monster" buried here and we wanted to check it out. How cool would that be for Halloween to go to an old graveyard and find a "baby monster" grave stone. Well, here it is!!!


Um, how cool is that!!? We have the coolest cemetery ever invented! We were even blessed with an amazing day with very pleasant weather. It was a great afternoon together.


I find it interesting that on this grave stone, instead of saying 
"died" it says "promoted".


Aaron said this was the breathing tube ;o)
 



Okay, so what does all of this have to do with the title of this post? There really isn't a parking lot to this little cemetery, so Aaron and I parked in the lot close to it and walked there. As we were walking, there was a lady on the corner asking for money. We really didn't talk to her, because we were too busy talking to each other: she was still there when we walked back to the car. 

As we got in the car and started to drive away (because it was a nice day we had the windows down) she looked at us and said "You guys are really in love, aren't you?". That one comment just made my day! It felt so good that a perfect stranger could tell from the way we were interacting with each other that we are madly and completely in love with each other.

I smiled the rest of the afternoon. 

3 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

Do you think that it really a breathing tube? I have heard of those and knew that they used to use them but wouldn't it have biodegraded by now or something? What was it made of...that is really creepy thinking that the other end of that is sitting between the...well only teeth now... of a corpse.

Kathy said...

I really don't know what the purpose of it is, it's really just a piece of pcv piping, so it's modern. If you look though, it's in front of many of the graves.

The Cheney Family said...

That looks fun. I bet those tubes are put there for people to put a few flowers in maybe?