The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Blueberry Forest

I have been spending the last four years working up to having a little blueberry forest in my garden. It is the one thing I grow that we just can't get enough of. It is so amazingly delicious to go out in the morning and pick a handful of blueberries to throw on your cereal - YUM! 

I just went out and bought the last three blueberries to fill in all of the space I had at the end of the garden. Two of the bushes I got are very young, so it will take them a couple of years, but it is worth the wait. We should still get at least a small handful from them this year though.

I found this little name sake and am expecting good things from it. What else is to be expected from something named Katherine?!

Can't wait for next month when we will start being able to enjoy blueberry bliss. My favorite! I am now officially ready for the rain..... well, in my garden anyway. My brain may have other things to say ;o)


No comments: