About a year or so ago I decided to try my hand at house plants. Mostly I did this for the environmental advantages of having healthier, purified air in the home: plus, they have done studies on how effective house plants are at keeping your home more relaxed and stress free. Win-win in my book.... except I have never been good with plants.
I am not the one to talk to them, rub their little leaves and tell them how beautiful they are: heck, they are lucky if they even get watered. I will look at the poor droopy thing and realize it's been three weeks since they have had a drop of water touch their soil. It's like they have to start looking pathetic to get any attention from me. This time, however, I was determined.
I am happy to say that it has been over a year now and all my plants are still alive (I bought about 5 of them to start). Not only are they all still alive, but they are growing leaps and bounds. I was even lucky enough to have a poinsettia stay alive clear back from two Christmas's ago! It is still alive and kicking. And, look at what I've got!!!! Not only is my poinsettia of 18 months still alive, it's blooming - in Spring. Maybe my brown thumb has finally turned green.
1 comment:
Fun! I am not very good at house plants either! I need to try and be better at that too. I've heard the same thing...it makes people more comfortable in your home.
Post a Comment