Mama Smout is getting ready to retire in three weeks. With retirement comes her moving to Idaho, so we went over to help her clean out some closets and higher cupboards that she couldn't reach. So, here is what we found in the closet....
It looked more like whole-wheat pasta than hash browns. We looked all over the place on the box for a date and couldn't find one. Mom's response? "I think these were made before they were required to put dates on food." I don't know about you, but that has pretty much been my whole life.
Don't worry. We deposited them into the dumpster on the way out.
Don't worry. We deposited them into the dumpster on the way out.
4 comments:
That is disgusting!!! However, it doesn't surprise me one bit!!
Man I was hopeing for some hash browns when she got here too.
But I gess we will have to make some from real potatoes.
weldon
That's what happens when you become a grandma. Suddenly a lot of your food becomes stale and outdated. My grandma gave me some food to take to college. What did I find when I poured the macaroni into the boiling water? Weavle!That is not a good sight for a poor college student. That's dang funny though.
ya, I once found a box of dreamwhip in my grandmothers cupboard that was - I kid you not - 30 YEARS OLD! I can see how it would be easy to just have stuff sit in the back of your cupboards and you just forget they are there. I think I need to go clean mine out ;o)
Post a Comment