The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chrome Molly and Drunk People

Chrome Molly is the band of some friends of ours. I have posted here and there about performances we have gone to and even played in on. They are an awesome group of people and super fun to be around.

Well, as it turns out, one of their guitar players is quitting and they have asked Aaron to fill the spot. Woot! They only play two gigs a month so it's perfect. Fun people, super fun music (who the heck doesn't like AC/CD?!) and just enough gigs to keep you rockin' without it taking over your life. Win, win! He will start practicing with them on Monday and probably playing with them some time in the next month or two. We'll keep you posted on the performances of course!

Now - the drunk people..... ah, drunk people.  They can be so entertaining: up to a point, then just down right obnoxious. We were out last night, supporting Chrome Molly as usual, and there was a guy two shades to the wind. He was running all over the place dancing and just having a good ol' time.

For some reason he was just fixated on getting Aaron and I to dance. He came over several times trying to talk us out on the dance floor. Now, if you know me you know I LOVE to dance. It's one of my favorite things to do for a date night. I just wasn't feelin' it last night. I had a stomach ache and Aaron was busy talking with the bands sound guy (he's the lead singers husband) just trying to get to know everyone better since he is going to be part of the tribe.

As the night wore on this drunk guy got drunker and more fixated on getting us to dance. At one point he tried to grab Aaron's arm and drag him out there. "Common, you need to get your lady out here", spoken in true drunken slur. At that point I had had enough - Aaron was just being too nice. I grabbed the guy by the shoulders, pushed him at arms length and said "We are not going to dance. I don't feel well and we do not want to be out there right now".  He gave me a look like I was the plague, ran up on the stage and started dancing up there and then promptly got escorted out by the bar bouncer. Classic!

2 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

I am no music pro but I think you meant AC/DC not AC/CD;-) Anyway, that is way exciting for Aaron!! Who knows maybe someday the drummer will quit and you guys will become Funk Molly or Chrome Bucket! Chrome Bucket...that's funny! As, for the drunk people...I get so uncomfortable around drunk people. You just never know how people will react or if they will react at all. I am sure it will be super fun for Aaron though!!

MJoyce said...

Amy started it, so I have to continue. It isn't 'two shades to the wind', it's 'two sheets to the wind.' I can definitely tell you didn't grow up drying your wash on the line or you would see the similarity between sheets blowing in the wind and the erratic movements of a drunk.