The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chicken Focaccia Sandwich

I have been a little bad the last week or so about trying my recipes. Heck, I've hardly been able to go grocery shopping let alone plan out a menu. But, I am back on track this week. Here was my first recipe, and it was super yummy!


1 Red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 chicken breast
olive oil
Seasoning Salt
2 8-10 inch Italian Flatbread (focaccia)
3 slices of Provolone cheese
1/2 cups fresh spinach
butter

Grill red pepper in a small amount of olive oil until tender; set aside.

Slice chicken breast in half, thickness wise, so that you have a couple of nice thin pieces of chicken. Sprinkle with seasoning salt and grill in a small amount of olive oil until cooked through.

Butter one side of each flatbread and place one, buttered side down, on electric skillet. Layer on cheese, fresh spinach, cooked chicken, grilled peppers and then top with the other flatbread - butter side up.

Now, just grill like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. When done, cut into quarters and enjoy.

4 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

flat bread? Is that like pita pocket bread? I want to try this one it looks delicious. Did you dip it in anything...like sour cream or ranch dressing? It look dippable.

Aaron said...

Super freakin' yummy.

Don't need to dip it in anything.

Aaron said...

By the way kathy...you took this with your new camera didn't you? I can tell. The colors are richer and the depth of field is narrower than anything the our little PAS could achieve.

Am I right?

Kathy said...

yes, I did take it with the new camera. The cool thing about it too was I just snapped it super quick so we could eat. No tripod, no playing with lighting, nothing. Just a super fast snap and done.

Amy: Flatbread is not pita bread. Pita bread is more dry and airy so you can split it open and fill it. Flatbread is Greek actually and is what they make Gyros with. It's more like a pancake bread I guess is the only way I could explain it. You had them when we took you to Spiro's that one time. You can usually find them in the bakery section of the grocery store.