The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Damon's Home!

We went to the airport last night and picked up Damon, at the god awful time of 10:30 p.m. I think it was 11:30 p.m. or later by the time we got him and got home, on a work/school night. But, we all wanted to see him since he has been gone for two months, so we all went. We did have fun sitting in Cell Phone parking helping Jeff to solve his video game puzzles.

Damon has spent the last two months at his Coast Guard A School, which was his advanced training. Whenever Damon is at our house, he and I are always up way before anyone else is after Aaron leaves for work, so we have a lot of time to have heart to heart talks. I really value that time with him to catch up on what's going on in his life. Today? We spent the morning talking mostly about his training, and man alive, I don't think I would have enjoyed myself! I would have cried like a little girl I think. 
 
He has been point blank pepper sprayed, had an eight inch tube shoved up his nasal passage, suffered through a tourniquet on his arm (apparently you are okay with this for up to 6 HOURS!! who knew. He had to have it on for 20 minutes) and had to be roughly handcuffed 7 times. And, the workouts. W-h-o-l-y  C-r-a-p. I would not be able to walk for a week.

I do think, all in all though, he enjoyed himself and is glad he is where he is in his life. He is now a Maritime Law Enforcement Officer for the Coast Guard. He is certified to perform CPR, carry a gun, and police our waters and keep them safe. Did I mention he could carry a gun?
 
We are very proud of Damon, he's doing great. The plan now, get a job, go to school for his AA and then go into Police Academy all while serving his Coast Guard Reserve duties.

No comments: