I hate my bathroom. Always have, and we have lived in this house for 9 years now. It is SO dated. Almost everything in it is original, from 1972. No matter how much I scrub and clean the dumb thing, it never looks entirely clean because it's so old. I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and am going to remodel it.
I started out with the cupboards, because that was an easy, very inexpensive fix. That and the floors are what bother me the most anyway. I took all the doors off and drawers out, sanded them down to the bare wood and then re-stained them. Oh my gosh, it's amazing how much difference just that made! I am totally jazzed now.
I started out with the cupboards, because that was an easy, very inexpensive fix. That and the floors are what bother me the most anyway. I took all the doors off and drawers out, sanded them down to the bare wood and then re-stained them. Oh my gosh, it's amazing how much difference just that made! I am totally jazzed now.
after!
What's next? Getting rid of the old, brown (why was everything brown?), laminate countertop. Tile? Marble? Haven't decided yet. Aaron isn't super fond of tile, but I have found a way to tile right over the existing countertop so we don't have to tear it apart...... and it looks super nice when your done. But, marble would look good too, with a tile backsplash. Hmm.... ideas?
I think I'll pick Weldon's brain while we are in Idaho/Utah. Be ready for it Weldon :o). You're the talent in the family when it comes to this stuff!!!!
Slowly but surely I will have my nice bathroom! I'm excited. After 9 years, it's about time we did some big things around this house. New carpets are on the docket some time next year too. Yea!!
I think I'll pick Weldon's brain while we are in Idaho/Utah. Be ready for it Weldon :o). You're the talent in the family when it comes to this stuff!!!!
Slowly but surely I will have my nice bathroom! I'm excited. After 9 years, it's about time we did some big things around this house. New carpets are on the docket some time next year too. Yea!!
2 comments:
Looks nice Kathy!! What a go getter you are! I think that tile floors in the bathroom are the way to go! You can't to pergo or anything like that...well you can but with all that water I wouldn't want to. I've been told that tile is easier anyway. Good luck on the remodel!! See you tomorrow!!!!!
What a Difference!! I love it! You are so thrifty and talented! I am inspired!
Post a Comment