The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Korean Night Out

Our neighbors are from Korea and their daughter, Rebbecca, is one of Jess's best friends. We have had them over to the house a few times but have never gone out with them before. They invited us to go out to a new Korean restaurant with them last night, since we have never really tried Korean food before. Aaron was a little nervous, but I was excited and up for the challenge.

The table we sat at was very interesting. I can say I've never seen anything like it before. In the middle is a gas grill. They serve everything there family style and bring all of your meat out to you uncooked on a huge platter. You cook your own meat as you eat it. We had marinated pork, chicken and beef. There were a lot of other side dished and extras to go with it. Our favorite was the Korean pancake - so yummy! I will have to have Meesun teach me how to make it.


After dinner we went back an visited with them at their house for a long time. We learned a lot about Korean culture and life and really got to know our neighbors better. We really enjoyed ourselves a lot! Now we will have to have them over to our house for my good ol' home-made pizza. I guess Rebbecca has told her mom a lot about it and how much she likes it. Yea! Recipe exchange time.

2 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

Pretty soon you'll be having neighborhood bbqs! You are a brave one. I would've been scared like Aaron!

The Cheney Family said...

Looks Awesome!