The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Monday, April 19, 2010

Bremerton?!

A beautiful sunny Sunday, roller derby all-stars bout in Bremerton, being together with your honey..... who could ask for more? Well, I discovered I could have asked for one more thing. For the bout to be somewhere else. ANYWHERE else.

Bremerton is one of the most boring, dirty places I have ever been! You would think with the navel base there, and tours of the aircraft carriers, they would work harder on cleaning up their beaches and making more things for people to do, since they would have people coming in for that. Not the case.


We also came to another conclusion. Nothing is open in Bremerton on Sunday. I guess on one aspect I admire a town for sticking to it's principles and keeping Sunday a family day for their residents. I didn't mind that so much. All we wanted to do was be in the sunshine. So, we just though we'd hang out at the beaches. Gross! At least the beach we went to was dirty, smelly and very NOT fun. We didn't spend much time there, and mostly just walked on the board walk in town. Got a cute picture of us though.


Finding a place to eat was another HUGE challenge. All they have is commercial chain fast food restaurants. Not our thing. We drove up and down looking for something, and even asked someone, but didn't have much luck. FINALLY we found a little local pancake house to eat at. Food was good, service was just okay, and we didn't really make the age limit of about 80, but what ya gonna do. (yes that's butter :o)

After dinner we just drove by a local baseball game and decided to kill the rest of our time by watching that. Aaron loves to watch baseball.


The roller derby was a blast. It was nothing like the Key Arena. Very small and intimate. I would say there weren't more than a couple hundred people there (over 5,000 at the Key) and we were right on the track.

It was a very brutal and close game. We were tied at the half, and then were loosing the second bout, only to come back and win in the end. Very fun! We are getting to know the rules more and more, but I feel like I need to read up more on the little details before we go again in a couple of weeks.


All in all it was a great day. I have one more place to put on my list of places I NEVER want to end up.... Bremerton, along with Yakima. But, it was sunny, and I was with my man and that's all I needed.

1 comment:

Hamblin Family said...

I have to say that roller derby thing looks pretty entertaining! Sorry you had to go to a nasty city! But your right, it always makes it not so bad when your with the one you love!