The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a little different of a Thanksgiving this year. With having older kids with jobs in the retail fields momentarily, both of them had to work - or so we thought. Jessi really did have to work, being in a grocery store at Thanksgiving is kind of a given. Jeff thought he had to work too, but came home about 30 minutes later. The dork looked at the wrong schedule and didn't have to work after all.

It was quite a quiet day however with Jess gone, and us eating later no one came over till later. That's okay, it gave Jeff some great homework time. Dinner turned out great and we enjoyed the evening hanging out a lot. Grandma Smout even brought us Thanksgiving presents.

She asked us what she could bring for Thanksgiving and Aaron told her presents. So, she did. It was so cute, and we all loved it a lot!!!! I got a little bouncy ball, Jess got play dough, Jeff Go Fish cards and Aaron got a kaleidoscope. Thanks Grandma, too fun!


We got tired of waiting for Aaron to finish talking to Amy to resume our game of Speed Uno so Jeff got a rubber band to fasten the phone onto his head so he could do both at the same time.


Oh the entertainment a silly little rubber band can bring! And we are always wondering why that boy doesn't have a girl friend!



De-boning the Turkey is my LEAST favorite part of Thanksgiving. I just hate it, so this year I made it a family affair. Jess was completely disgusted and I thought she was going to gag. I guess that's a trait she picked up from Amy, gagging at the wimpiest stuff. Jeff was just completely fascinated. He just got done going to the Bodies Exhibit for anatomy class and so it very in tune that sort of thing right now. He was feeling quite mortal last night ripping the flesh of another, once living animal.


We are so blessed in our lives and have so much to be thankful for. We all have jobs, Jeff is getting a great education, a warm house, cars to drive....... many many blessings. But most of all I am just so thankful for my family. Everyone is happy and healthy. We get along amazing and love to be together. Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

Hamblin Family said...

I think that I would gag too! I am almost gagging looking at that last picture! NASTY!!!
I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving! I wish I could be there for Christmas but we all do what we gotta do!!