Time for our weekly hike while the weather is holding here. Today we took the Ira Spring trail to Mason Lake. You are right Amy in the fact that Lakes do abound here, especially the Alpine Lakes. There really is one around every corner. All that rain has to collect somewhere - we have to have something good come from so much rain and cloud cover!
This was actually a pretty demanding hike. I would say it was at least as hard as Mt. Si, if not more so. VERY steep all the way up, and hardly any switchbacks. See I-90 down below. We weren't far from there when we started out on foot.
"0">
We started the climb up Banderas Mountain because there were suppose to be good blueberries up there and a great view. Well, since the clouds rolled in half way up, view gone, and it appears we were a little late for good berries, so we changed our minds. We headed back down and decided to go the other way to the lake.
We started the climb up Banderas Mountain because there were suppose to be good blueberries up there and a great view. Well, since the clouds rolled in half way up, view gone, and it appears we were a little late for good berries, so we changed our minds. We headed back down and decided to go the other way to the lake.
There are so many places on this hike for kids to explore and climb. Boulders abound here. I don't know if it has to do with glacier degree or what, but it's kind of cool. Too bad the hike is really too hard for kids.... well, small kids. I apparently had one with me today, and I actually had fun climbing on the rocks.
1 comment:
Way pretty!! I am excited for the day when Scotty and I can take off on our own and do something like that, but I'll enjoy where I am for now. I have to say that the second pic is my favorite too. Aaron is such a dork but that is why we love him, right?!! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment