The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tulips?


So, I was thinking for something fun and different to do on a nice Sunday afternoon was to drive over to Skagit Valley for the tulip festival. It's a 90 minute drive, but sometimes the drive is half the fun. Off we went. I just have to say - NEVER go to the tulip festival!!!!!


Traffic was out of control. I can't believe how many people were there just to look at a field of flowers. A field is about it too. We passed field after field of empty dirt. Finally we came to a daffodil field and that was pretty, but by then we were all getting kind of grumpy. (just take a look at Jeff's face, that pretty much sums is it up).


Finally we came across one field of tulips. It was very beautiful I have to say, but SO not worth all the time in the car and the mass amounts of people there. It was just insane!! And, whenever you get into situations like that people are just so rude. We had just had it, so after we saw the one field we decided not to try to see any more, and we just bailed.


On the way home though we stopped off at Burger King and all got kids meals and had fun playing with our new Sponge Bobs. It was a very interesting day, but I can't think of anyone else I would like to spend a crappy day with :o).

2 comments:

The Cheney Family said...

Sorry yours was bad! But nice to get out I bet.

Hamblin Family said...

Holy Cow I don't look at blogs for a few days and you have a whole novel of things for me to read. That will teach me to get behind I guess!