The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Friday, May 4, 2012

Ellensburg


I got to spend a couple of days with Jess in Ellensburg. We needed to pound some pavement to find her an apartment for next year. Staying in the dorms is very difficult for her - the communal bathroom gets really old, and the food is getting even older. 

The first thing I did when I got there was go watch Jess play soccer. It has been a while since I got to do that and it was really fun seeing her out on the field again! The only bad part: halfway through the game the sprinkler system came on, and I got totally pegged in the back of the head :(. They were all troupers though, and kept playing.



I can say, after only staying a few days, I am proud of Jess that she has lasted this long with eating the school food! It's no wonder they have the "freshman fifteen" the way they feed those kids!!! The food is fatty, and horrible. Jess is very much excited to have her own bathroom and kitchen next year.

The only catch with the apartments though, is everyone wants you to sign a year lease. Jess will only be there for 9 months and then will be graduating, so I don't want to have to pay for the other three months that she is not going to be there. We did find two places that go month to month, but that means we cannot sign any papers until right before she is ready to move in. We are going to jump on it in July and hope there is an opening! Cross your fingers for her!

After going out during the day, we spent the night watching a movie and making tissue paper chili peppers for Aaron's gig on Saturday. It was super fun, and I love doing things with Jess.


Because the food is such crap, we went out to eat a couple times as well, and went bowling on $2 night.



I had a lot of fun. I sure do love that girl!

No comments: