The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Years Resolution


I am not one to set New Years Resolutions. I think they are hokey and usually set you up for failure. If you want to do something then just freakin' do it and not wait until January 1st to start AND on the flip side of that coin, if you start something just cause you feel like you need to have a "resolution" it isn't going to happen: you have to want it to make it happen.

With that said, I have decided to start a goal, and January 1st seemed the most logical time to start it. Vacation is over, things are settling back down again and it just seemed fun to do it for the entire year...... I'm going to go on a running streak for 2012.

In order for a running streak to be "official" (which, official is such a loose term, because it's all on the honor system and you don't really get anything for it - just a personal goal) you have to run every day, and you have to go at least a mile each day. I figure the weather can't ever get bad enough, or I won't be sick enough, to be able to haul my carcass out for one stupid mile.

I will not, however, do this at risk of health or safety. If I am really sick, or if I get injured some how, then running will be off - but it would have to be pretty bad. This goal will help me on those days that I just don't feel like it, because the hardest part of exercising some days is just getting out the door - if you can do that, then you are good to go.

We'll see how it goes. I'm going to keep track of my running total on here, because if I have to be accountable then it will help me keep going. I will also write about any significant experiences, thoughts or important notes along the way. I had contemplated actually making a running blog for this, but we all know that I already have too many blogs, and a couple of them are not getting any attention - I didn't want that to happen with this!

So, here I go - on my 2012 running streak! Wish me luck.

No comments: