The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Victorian Christmas


Mom and I did our annual visit to the Victorian Christmas bizarre. It really helps kick me into the Christmas spirit to surround myself with so much Christmasness ;o) Music, decorations, Santa, shopping - it's just awesome. I think I wear her out whenever we go, but I think she goes home happy.

I found some really fun treasures this year that I am excited to give people for gifts. One of the things I love so much about going is most of the vendors there are local, small businesses. A lot of the stuff is hand-made things, and I just love to see the creativity that other people have! I also am a HUGE advocate of supporting the local economy when I can... I know what it's like to try to have your own local business so I try to support that as much as possible.

This cute little Christmas moose and snowman were gifts to me from mom. She kind of spoils me some times, but I won't allow  her to do it too much. As a matter of fact, she told me she was buying them for herself, cause she knows that, and then gave them to me as I was getting ready to leave the stinker. But, they are so cute I have forgiven her! I LOVE them and can't wait to get the decorations up and incorporate them in! (Decorations are going up late this year because I am waiting for Jess to get home to do it together).
I had a great time spending the day with mom and wandering around the bizarre. It's one of the things I look forward to every year.

No comments: