The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Port Townsend Weekend

Aaron and I have been wanting to do some hikes up in the Olympic National Forest for quite a while: the problem is, it's too far to do in a day trip. A while ago I found a groupon for a place in Port  Townsend for a buy one night get one free deal. I bought it and we have been saving it for good weather. We finally used it this weekend and had a great time. We did get rained on one day, but other than that we had good weather and saw some beautiful scenery. It is AMAZING up there!!

Our Cabin


 

Hurricane Ridge 

we saw this huge guy heading up the ridge
Thank goodness for zoom lens!





view at the top
It was an eyegasm around every corner! Beautiful!!

























Sol Duc Falls

This was our rainy day
I guess it is the rain forest







On our way out we stopped at the salmon run
it was cool watching them try to jump up the waterfall


Our cabin was located on Discover Bay. Before we left on the last day we spent some time walking down on the beach. It was a beautiful location and a wonderful weekend. I love spending time with my honey!!!




 

No comments: