The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Jess's Quilt Project


Jess and Alex just had their 1 year anniversary (I know, I know).... anyway, she decided that she wanted to make him a hunting quilt for her present. He and his dad are huge bird hunters. So, she and I sat down and did some research on quilting patterns, took a few of the ideas we found, perused the fabric selection and then came up with a plan of our own.

Jess has never sewn anything in her life, so this was a huge undertaking. She had a lot of frustrating moments, tears, and yes even a little blood spilled. But, after 4 months, she finally finished, and it turned out AMAZING! The front is made out of fleece, the backing is a faux sheep wool and it has the thickest batting we could find. I think the thing weighs at least 10 pounds. Alex won't be getting cold in that thing for sure.

Good Job Jess!!!!

1 comment:

The Cheney Family said...

Oh my heck! I understand what a hard project that is! That really is amazing especially if you've never done it before, as I never have - finished one anyway.
Love will keep the project alive that's for sure. It looks great and very comfortable.