The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Friday, September 3, 2010

Jupiter and it's Moons

Okay, a little back story here. Last night was not a good night for sleep. At about 1:30 a.m. Aaron woke me up freaking out in his sleep - bad dream about ghosts. By the time I got him woke up and settled back down it was about 15 minutes later. Also to note, we have been sleeping with the fan on lately for white noise because it helps Aaron sleep better, except when ghosts are attacking apparently.

We were just drifting back to sleep when the fan clicked off and startled us - again! Ugh! So we got up to see if it was the whole neighborhood, and it was. So, lets make a long story short. While up Aaron saw that Jupiter was out in all her glory so got the telescope for a closer view. Heck, the neighborhood was extremely dark and we weren't sleeping anyway.

It's not the best picture in the word, it WAS 2:00 in the morning and the planet was moving surprisingly fast, but I got this to share. Jupiter and her three moons.

We don't use the telescope a ton, but it is sure amazing to have when you want it! We have seen some great things!

2 comments:

The Cheney Family said...

Cool moons! I hate bad dreams! They usually happen if I eat dessert, so I really try to avoid that now.

Hamblin Family said...

That is actually an amazing picture! I sometimes wish we had a telescope.
As for the dreams...Aaron you are a freak! Maybe Marylinn does get her sleeping issues from my side of the family. The other night she was walking around the house, in her sleep, with her arms out like she was holding a baby and she was talking to it. Scott finally said,"Marylinn what're you doin'?" Then she put her arms down and said, "Hey Daddy you wanna draw on my arms?" Psycho! Just sleep people!!