The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day


I had a great Mother's Day. Woke up and did a good 9 mile run (only 4 more miles to go!), and it acutally felt great. I think I'm getting in the swing of training.

After showering and a quick bowl of cereal, everyone took me to go see Star Trek. Awesome movie!!! Absolutely loved it, and will see it again if it gets put into Jeff's theater, and will buy it when it comes out on DVD. Can't wait to see it again actually. Not very often that a super good movie comes out. After the movie we went to Chipotle for lunch. Yum!

I got a lilac bush for my front yard and the book "Flowers for Algernon". I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, but haven't found it at the thrift stores or half-price books where I do most of my book shopping. I was excited to get it, and it will definitely be next on my to read list.

In the evening we took off with "Spite and Malice", our favorite card game, popcorn, M&M's and juice and went over to momma Smout's to be with her the rest of the day. We had a great game, which I won! Yea!

It was a great day. I hope all the rest of you mother's had a great day too!!!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

You are the best mom ever invented!

Hamblin Family said...

I am glad you had a good day! I had a good day too. I love being able to say, "You can't ask me to do that, it is mother's day!" "Can you get me a glass of water, cause it's mother's day?" "Um...can YOU do all the housework, its the day after mother's day and I shouldn't have to!" I use it as long as I can!!