Jeff is graduating from College next Spring, and if all goes well he will be spreading his wings and moving out. That means he will be doing all his own cooking.For Christmas this year I thought it would be super fun to collaborate with everyone to come up with a family cook book. This would be an awesome Christmas gift for all of us, but especially Jeff as he is trying to figure out the whole cooking thing. And, Jess will only be 1 1/2 years behind him.
So, I am getting started now. Tons of work to do, and I am starting WAY too late in the year! I would love as many of your favorite recipes as you can get down. Julie, I know you have your separate cooking blog, and I will pull things from there, but if you could let me know what your favorites are I can at least start with those.
I'm looking for main dishes for breakfast and dinner, snacks, drinks, desserts, holiday food, just anything that your family loves to make and eat.
The other thing I would love to put in here to make it more personal are cooking-eating-family dinner quotes, stories and memories. Especially if a recipe comes from an old family tradition or family member. I want to know where the recipe came from and any tidbit that goes along with it.
Just email me with all your stuff. One or two recipes at a time would be awesome, don't feel like you have to sit down and give me fifty. It would actually be easier for me to digest in smaller portions :o). Also, PLEASE let Kristina know what I am doing too, since she doesn't have a blog, and I don't have an email, phone number or anything for her. I want her to be a part of this as well!!!!
Thanks guys. This should be fun, and I know Jeff will love it. And, cross your fingers that I get this done by Christmas!
2 comments:
That is a great idea! I want one! I will send you some emails hopefully in the coming week! I don't seem to know where my time is going these days. It seems that the only time I have to sit is bed time and by then it is too late to do anything else!
That's a great idea! I've actually been wanting to do that for a couple years but didn't know if anyone would go along with it so I'm glad you came up with the idea. We'll call you with Kristina's number! or Amy has it and her email! But I'll tell her for you.
See ya.
Post a Comment