The adventures, experiences and happenings of our lives

Friday, August 22, 2008

I Love Gardening


This is my favorite time for gardening!! I love to see all of your hard work of weeding, plowing, seeding, weeding, watering (the rain did a good job of that for me this year) weeding, feeding and weeding pay off. When all of your little tiny seeds turn into thriving plants producing fruit/veggies. I love it!



I just wanted to take some good pics of some of the great stuff I'm getting this year. Plus, I just love to take pictures!





This is just one days worth of harvest. He he, I went out to harvest today. What a farmer! We are getting a lot of food this year!! Last year I made a bunch of pickle relish, because I am the only one in the family that will eat cucumbers. But, everyone loves pickles and relish. So, this year Jess and I are trying pickles for the first time. I hope we did it right. It seemed like an awful lot of extra stuff in there with the sliced cucumbers, but I trust Amy. She said this was a good recipe. So, thanks for the help Amy, and hopefully Jess and I did it right.(Does it look right?) I guess we'll find out in a month how they taste. I still have another batch to do, so hopefully it's right!

1 comment:

Hamblin Family said...

Yep thats what mine looks like! I hope that it tastes like what mine does! I hope so! Good Luck!